Monday, January 19, 2009

Keeping My Resolutions: Christmas Cards

I know, I know. You're thinking Christmas cards?! What?! Bear with me.

One of my resolutions is to procrastinate no longer. That means planning ahead for things I want to accomplish and giving myself more time than I think I need because I always end up getting that part wrong and then staying up til the wee hours day after day after day....

The last three years I have made my cards. Stampin' Up! is my favorite stamp company. I purchase everything I need to make 20-40 cards for family and friends. I really enjoy it but end up never giving myself enough time and I'm rushing at the last minute. I was up til 2am (more than one night) finishing them so I could get them mailed out four days before Christmas. Crazy!!

By the way, here it is:


I was so disappointed in myself that it actually fueled my determination to stop telling myself "I'll do it later." Realizing it was not as quick and easy as I had believed, I decided to copy an idea from a fellow stamper. She makes a certain number of cards each month over the year so that when Thanksgiving rolls around they are completed and ready to mail out. Great idea!!

Here's my plan:

January - order supplies and gather addresses.
February - cut all cardstock, ribbon, etc. then stamp images.
March through November - assemble five cards each month and place in stamped envelopes.
December - address and mail out cards the first week. Rejoice in a job well done!

How about you? Is there something you believe you could have done better and are determined to transform this year? I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments: